Nikon D3s....where?

Montana, you can do an independent review of both systems AF once you get the D3s :) Congrats :)

Montana, you can do an independent review of both systems AF once you get the D3s :) Congrats :)

I would if my cousin had lens like a 300 2.8, or a 400 2.8. But unfortuneatly he doesn't. I talked to him this morning, he has some nice glass but no fast telephotos. You have to be darn near rich or work for someone who supplies equipment to afford those lenses. Even the Canon equivalents are hard to swing in these times. The only things I need the autofocus capabilities of the pro bodies are for horse racing when I shoot for the Montana Horse Racing Association. Rodeos aren't much of a challenge unless they are indoors. BIF's are challenging too I guess.

Basically what I am saying is that his Nikon system isn't setup for sports shooting in the lens department. He lacks some nice telephoto glass. When we shot with each others cameras the other day, we both looked like monkeys and footballs (if you catch my drift). The controls are.......different. LOL

haha yeah, I shot on my cousin Canon XS before and I'm use to the Nikon D40. Man, even the zoom is freaking backwark. I kept zooming in even though I wanted to zoom out. It took a few minutes just to get use to that. I was thinking "man, why is this lens so tight", then I realized I was at the wrong end of the zoom :) It didn't take too long before I got the basic control figure out though (aperture, shutter, and ISO).

Wow that sounds like a pretty sweet deal. The best of both worlds only 20 minutes away :D

Wow that sounds like a pretty sweet deal. The best of both worlds only 20 minuted away :D

Yes, I am rather thrilled about it myself. If nothing else, its a chance for both of us to check out the other system for a while. If we find down the road that it wasn't as fun as we thought it would be, we can just dump our bodies on the used market. His idea is that if we decide to stop sharing to just trade bodies. His mkIV for my D3s, but he would have to throw a couple hundred bucks in the deal. LOL:lol:

That's awesome. Does he have some nice glass? A 14-24, if he does let me know how that lens is lol

That's awesome. Does he have some nice glass? A 14-24, if he does let me know how that lens is lol

I know he has the 14-24 cause he wants me to buy it. But it has some scratches on the body and he still wants $1500 for it.:lmao: Nice lens, but mint ones are even cheaper than that sometimes.

He has the 24-70 and a 70-200 (i don't know Nikons alphabet soup yet).
He has some primes as well. A 50 1.4 and an 85 something. And a crap load more. I will have to find out when he moves here and that gives me time to figure out what the heck all the letters mean. Anyone got a quick link to the Nikon alphabet soup cheat sheet?

Cool lucky man to have the holy trinity.

His lol Nikon people call the
14-24,24-70,70-200 the holy trinity lol

There ain't nuttin' holy until the 85L is in the mix. LOL So I guess he will have a part-time holiness (is that a word?).:hug::

Most reactions

New Topics

Back