Nikon D40 help

Dancade

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi, my name is Dan, i'm 15, and Im doing GCSE photography.

I have been using an Analouge Camera, but I have been forced to go digital becuase the Darkroom in school is being gotten rid of.

Today I recieved a Nikon D40, and after fiddling around with it for a while (and reading the manual), and generally getting to know the camera, there are still 1 or 2 issues that I have with it.

Firstly, the screen. What I want to know is how to set it up so that I can preview the photo on the screen, rather than having to look through the viewfinder.

Secondly, I took a photo, and sent it to my computer. Using PictureProject (the software that came with the camera) I added a Sepia tone, sharpened the image, and made it a little brighter. I then transferred the image back to the camera, and now, when I try to view the image on the camera it says 'FILE DOES NOT CONTAIN IMAGE DATA'. How can I make it show on the camera

And finally, When I connect the USB cable from the camera to the computer, the camera displays a 'Connecting to PC' message. However, this does not seem to go away.

Thankyou for reading, and thankyou in advance for helping.

Hi there.

What I want to know is how to set it up so that I can preview the photo on the screen, rather than having to look through the viewfinder.

Can't be done. Sorry. DSLRs don't have digital preview, with the exception of some Olympus models and high-end Canons. DSLRs just aren't designed to be used that way.

Secondly, I took a photo, and sent it to my computer. Using PictureProject (the software that came with the camera) I added a Sepia tone, sharpened the image, and made it a little brighter. I then transferred the image back to the camera, and now, when I try to view the image on the camera it says 'FILE DOES NOT CONTAIN IMAGE DATA'. How can I make it show on the camera

Again sorry but I don't think this can be done. The cameras is designed to capture images and display the images captured, not to display images which have been modified by other software. There may be a way around this, for example by having a certain file name and size, but I doubt it.

The changes you made in Picture Project are changes that can be made in camera. After the D40 makes the in camera changes it will then save them as a new file (i.e., new photo).

have a good one
3Eo

Ok guys, thanks for the help, much appriciated.

The changes you made in Picture Project are changes that can be made in camera. After the D40 makes the in camera changes it will then save them as a new file (i.e., new photo).

have a good one
3Eo
But you are better off doing this on your computer.

Most reactions

Back