Nikon D40x Flash Unit and Tripod?

david3558

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi,

I currently use a Nikon D40x with a Sigma DC 18-200mm OS HSM as my primary lens. I have alot of older lenses that I occasionally use, but those older lenses were meant for my father's Nikon 35mm film SLRs.

I am looking for a flash unit as well as a tripod that is easy to operate. The pop-up flash on my D40x is definitely not great and my current tripod seems wobbly and it is really hard to adjust the 'tilt' along the 'axes'. Please advise which flash unit and tripod would be the best bang for the buck.

I also might plan on getting a D300 later on. (So hopefully the accessories are would complement both the light D40x and the heavier D300).

Many thanks in advance, and Merry Christmas!

I would third that... the SB-600 is a great choice.

sb-600 seems about right for your level.

Look into a tripod that's heavy enough to keep itself together. Somewhere in the neighbourhood of 100 dollars and you should get a decent value "kit".

It seems like this is the level you are after.

I'd say stay from buying the d300 until you have mastered the art...there's no point is getting rid of a camera that works...or blowing money on something you don't need yet.

Thanks for the help, but which model of tripod should I get? It seems there are so many different choices, but which one would be the best around the 100ish range?

What shops would you recommend I get my SB-600 from?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back