Nikon D40x help

Sharksfan62

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So in a previous thread i was wondering what new camera to get and appreciated all the advice given. I have decided to keep my camera for a little while longer due to school exspenses. So my question is I am looking possibly for a new lense for my camera and also a flash. Does anybody have some great options that would work well with my camera? Thanks in advance.

What lenses do you have and what are you goals in relation to photography? The SB-700 is an excellent flash if you can spend $300+.

I have two lenses that came with the camera as a kit. the 18-50mm and another one that really focuses on close up from distances (sorry still pretty new to photography and learning). My main goal for photography is to take photos of mostly everyday life and things. I really enjoy hockey so i would love to take pictures of my freinds and i playing hockey. Also for family gatherings would love to shoot those types of photo. I am also looking for something more useful in low light circumstances.

sb600 flash - and a 50mm f1.8 nikkor lens. all in all $300.00 give or take 20 bucks.

You'll be satisfied with that for while. I don't suggest getting a new camera if you don't know what type of lens you have. d40 is a great beginner camera. Once you learn and use it to it's full potential...then think about a new camera.

I have two lenses that came with the camera as a kit. the 18-50mm and another one that really focuses on close up from distances (sorry still pretty new to photography and learning). My main goal for photography is to take photos of mostly everyday life and things. I really enjoy hockey so i would love to take pictures of my freinds and i playing hockey. Also for family gatherings would love to shoot those types of photo. I am also looking for something more useful in low light circumstances.

Based on your response, I would say master your current equipment first along with the foundations of photography. Once you know how to use it well and hit some limits with it, you can look into upgrades. Given that you don't even know what you have, buying another lens is a waste of money, IMO. Here is a great start:
http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/...allery/267492-info-those-new-photography.html

Most reactions

New Topics

Back