DSC_0304-1.jpg

DSC_0289.jpg

DSC_0111.jpg

DSC_0100-1.jpg

DSC_0470.jpg

DSC_0466.jpg

MORE TO COME!

Last edited:
What? no traffic in the "General Gallery Section"?

Did you get lost? This is the beginner's section ... what's your problem with the 'gallery' sections?

The reason they don't get as much traffic is that 95% of the membership here are beginners. As someone who is not a beginner, you could help fix 'the problem' by not posting every thread you make in the beginner's section.

Most of your work (actually, probably all of it) belongs in one of the gallery sections (that was a compliment, BTW)... As much as you might want to hang on to the 'title', I don't think anybody here considers you a beginner. I still can't figure out why you insist on only posting in the beginner section...

You complain that it's the only area here that gets any traffic, and yet - that's where you post almost every thread you start.

EDIT
I just saw the other thread you were referring to ... your comment makes more sense now.

I still mean what I said though. For the most part, your work is pretty damn good - not beginner material. Of course there are a few that I don't personally like, but hey - you can't please everyone every time.

Last edited:
Yeah, not to derail this, but, my point was that you get very few responses "over there", which is why this OP posted this thread here as well.

I've posted there, several times. One thread only got a joke, and a :lmao:.
So I guess, it's F-it-all.

Did you get lost? This is the beginner's section ... what's your problem with the 'gallery' sections?

The reason they don't get as much traffic is that 95% of the membership here are beginners. As someone who is not a beginner, you could help fix 'the problem' by not posting every thread you make in the beginner's section.

Most of your work (actually, probably all of it) belongs in one of the gallery sections (that was a compliment, BTW)... As much as you might want to hang on to the 'title', I don't think anybody here considers you a beginner. I still can't figure out why you insist on only posting in the beginner section...

You complain that it's the only area here that gets any traffic, and yet - that's where you post almost every thread you start.

EDIT
I just saw the other thread you were referring to ... your comment makes more sense now.

I still mean what I said though. For the most part, your work is pretty damn good - not beginner material. Of course there are a few that I don't personally like, but hey - you can't please everyone every time.

I am a beginner and this section says "Photography Beginners' Forum & Photo Gallery" thats why i posted here, this is my first time ever posting on this forum and its nice to be "welcomed".

Colldfire,
Pretty good eye on the fly...the crop or enlarged section looks oddly textured, almost like it's a screen capture or something, but I do like the shot. I also like the Jesus on the crucifix shot, and also the shot done with the tilt/shift miniature effect on the tailrace at the dam...the shot that's easy to overlook due to slightly heavy-handed HDR-type post processing is the shot of the suburban neighborhood with the three cars parked...

DSC_0111.jpg

Now that shot is interesting, because it fits into the modern urban landscape aesthetic, and is sort of a repudiation of the old, pictorial landscape traditions that so many people are sick and tired of...I absolutely love how there's a basketball backboard in the LRC, and the lights in the house directly across the street are on; the house has lovely flowers in front, and there is an American Eagle plaque tacked up on the front of the house; and the kitchen light is on. The house across the street next to it has a shrub instead of pretty flowers, and the porch light is on,indicating that nobody is home. If a person really,really LOOKS at that urban landscape photo, there are some very interesting little commentaries that can be created; is the house on the right occupied by a workaholic, who has no time for flowers, but just plants an ugly green shrubbery plant and shears it once every year? One house appears occupied and welcoming, and lived in by cheerful,friendly people...the other house looks lonely...
The processing needs refinement and perfecting, but it is a neat photo. I love the inclusion of what looks to be your house's roof overhang in the upper right hand corner.

I almost missed your great photo. Seriously, this could be included in a modern,urban landscape show...it's that good.

Ignore the squabbling here....this forum needs some conflict, to keep things interesting.

Colldfire,
Pretty good eye on the fly...the crop or enlarged section looks oddly textured, almost like it's a screen capture or something, but I do like the shot. I also like the Jesus on the crucifix shot, and also the shot done with the tilt/shift miniature effect on the tailrace at the dam...the shot that's easy to overlook due to slightly heavy-handed HDR-type post processing is the shot of the suburban neighborhood with the three cars parked...

DSC_0111.jpg

Now that shot is interesting, because it fits into the modern urban landscape aesthetic, and is sort of a repudiation of the old, pictorial landscape traditions that so many people are sick and tired of...I absolutely love how there's a basketball backboard in the LRC, and the lights in the house directly across the street are on; the house has lovely flowers in front, and there is an American Eagle plaque tacked up on the front of the house; and the kitchen light is on. The house across the street next to it has a shrub instead of pretty flowers, and the porch light is on,indicating that nobody is home. If a person really,really LOOKS at that urban landscape photo, there are some very interesting little commentaries that can be created; is the house on the right occupied by a workaholic, who has no time for flowers, but just plants an ugly green shrubbery plant and shears it once every year? One house appears occupied and welcoming, and lived in by cheerful,friendly people...the other house looks lonely...
The processing needs refinement and perfecting, but it is a neat photo. I love the inclusion of what looks to be your house's roof overhang in the upper right hand corner.

I almost missed your great photo. Seriously, this could be included in a modern,urban landscape show...it's that good.

Ignore the squabbling here....this forum needs some conflict, to keep things interesting.

Thank You so much for your feedback you just made my day! I started to get a not-so-good first impression about the forum but obviously i was wrong. I love that shot and glad im not the only one. Here's the original:
DSC_0111-3.jpg

As you can see i tried to salvage as much as i could using Lightroom and since im new to editing i'm still learning.

I started from scratch again and came out with the following versions; both of them are not as overrendered and the second one has a blurred out background to give it some field depth. Let me know if you think we got a winner
DSC_0111-5.jpg

DSC_0111-7.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back