Nikon D5 rumors

Mach0

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Really?! 173 auto focus points? I was happy with the 3 focus points on my D60. But I don't care what the D5 has because I'll never be able to afford it. LOL.

173 AF points ?! Wtf lol

First Nikon D5 rumors Nikon Rumors

New 20MP FX sensor
173 autofocus points
Same processor as the D4s
Body design similar to the D4s
Currently scheduled to be announced in the second half of 2015

Read more on NikonRumors.com: First Nikon D5 rumors Nikon Rumors

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ONLY 173 ??
you would expect more .. from the crowd "it's never enough"

Must be a full frame coverage for the focus points. or little bitty dots.

It's odd though that it's only 20mp

More focus points means more accurate tracking. There's pretty much no limit here.

How about a 12" viewfinder 5000 focus points and a trillion MB's I'll take a dozen !!!!!!!!

The only thing I'm truly looking forward to is the price dropping on the D4 or D3 S

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The question here is not how many AF it has but how is it spread in the viewfilder.
My D750 has 51AF points which really is plenty but they are bunched in the centre which means I always have to keep subject in centre when shooting sports.
I rather have 35AF points that are spread on all my view finder then 173 stuck in centre.
We shall see soon enough I guess.

Yes, the D5 is ultra boring.

And I fail to see the point of even more AF points ... more cross points, sure. Larger area for the AF points, sure. Even less EV and its still operating, great. Support f/8 maximum aperture lenses, thats not bad either.

But 150+ AF points instead of 50+ ? I fail to see how that will help me get better, or more, pictures.

Yes, the D5 is ultra boring.

And I fail to see the point of even more AF points ... more cross points, sure. Larger area for the AF points, sure. Even less EV and its still operating, great. Support f/8 maximum aperture lenses, thats not bad either.

But 150+ AF points instead of 50+ ? I fail to see how that will help me get better, or more, pictures.

It won't make much difference if you shoot still life or portraits in a studio, but if you shoot moving wildlife or sports, the tracking will be infinitely better, as long as the focus points are spread out of over the viewfinder.

Although, I think the 20MP resolution of the D5 will make it less desirable than the D810 for studio shooters.

Although, I think the 20MP resolution of the D5 will make it less desirable than the D810 for studio shooters.
Totally agree but I really dont think Nikon is trying to get this camera into studios.
In low ISO the D810 is king and it will be pointless to buy it (D5) for portrait.
AF on this camera is obviously designed to get best AF performance for moving subject.
Highly specialized camera for very specific type of photography, just not a classic camera for general use, too big, too heavy and way too expensive un less you are a wildlife or sports pro (or a rich hobbyist).

Totally agree but I really dont think Nikon is trying to get this camera into studios.
In low ISO the D810 is king and it will be pointless to buy it (D5) for portrait.
AF on this camera is obviously designed to get best AF performance for moving subject.
Highly specialized camera for very specific type of photography, just not a classic camera for general use, too big, too heavy and way too expensive un less you are a wildlife or sports pro (or a rich hobbyist).
No the A7s is king in low light

No the A7s is king in low light
I didnt say low light I said low ISO, that means in 100ISO the sensor on the A7R and D800/D810 will have insane amount of DR but in higher its pretty much a standard FF sensor with lots of resulution.
When it comes to DR in LOW ISO (for now) this 36MP sensor is king.
Once I will see new detail on this new 50MP Canon/Sony sensor I will know more details and maybe it will have even more DR.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back