Nikon D50 and Nikon D200

S40T5Lover

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hey guys!
Just joined the site, and I had a couple questions. I currently have a Nikon D50 and my aunt came and visited and she brought her Nikon D200, I fell in love with it right away! What I am wondering is what you guys think about the D200 compaired to the D50. Also I have found the D200 (body) on the internet for around $500.00, and I was wondering how much I could sell my D50 for. Thanks guys!!!!

I recently made the same switch and I would say do it if you can afford it. Although i wouldnt trust anyone selling it for $500.

The main thing I personally liked about it is that there are a ton more dials on the camera itself, ie no more flippin through menus.
Its one heck of a camera and you wont be disappointed.

You just might want to check out the validity of where you are buying it from for that cheap (I bought mine used for $850)

I recently made the same switch and I would say do it if you can afford it. Although i wouldnt trust anyone selling it for $500.

The main thing I personally liked about it is that there are a ton more dials on the camera itself, ie no more flippin through menus.
Its one heck of a camera and you wont be disappointed.

You just might want to check out the validity of where you are buying it from for that cheap (I bought mine used for $850)

Here is the website I was talking about.... Anyone know anything about them? http://www.1wayphoto.com/products.asp?dept_id=10267&product_id=12215

I think the name says it all: One Way Photo :mrgreen:

If you check the bottom of the specs on One Way you'll see it says Japanese Version

check reseller ratings before you buy unless you are sure it is a reputable shop

I wouldnt expect getting a D200 for under 700 even used. Your probably either going to have to save or look at a different camera.

I wouldnt expect getting a D200 for under 700 even used. Your probably either going to have to save or look at a different camera.

What do you think I could get for my D50? Just the body

Also, how would you guys say the user friendlyness compaires to the D50?

Keh.com is selling used D50's for around 450
Keh
So id say 400 might be a good bet, maybe lower.

I found it really easy to switch from the d50 to the d200. The menu is kind of overwhelming at first but you just have to know what you are looking for, after a while it becomes second nature. If you plan on going further in photography then Id say go ahead and get it. If you dont see yourself growing in photography then i would definately steer away from spending the extra $$. From my experience, the D50 is still a great camera. Learning all about it first then moving on to better equipment could definately help you in the long run.

Thank you for the great insight, I definately would like to get further into the photography field.

Most reactions

Back