Nikon D50 or Canon Digital Rebel XT

thesoracle

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I have found a nikon d50 and a Canon Digital Rebel XT for about the same price. By reading reviews I cannot tell which is a better camera.

Any suggestions, recommendations on reviews?

you should search the forums... this has been argued a TON on here.

D50 :greenpbl:

No one can tell you which is better for you, that's a matter of personal preference. Go to a camera shop and handle them both, get the one that feels better in your hand and has the controls that seem more natural to you. Technically both cameras will make good images, as you found when reading reviews.

I bought the canon EOS 300 (same as digital rebel) and it's the best money I've ever spent, I waited until the next version was about to be launched so it was even less expensive. My girlfriend's father has the nikon and it very similar, I'm not expert enought o breakdown the cameras but the canon defeinitely seems to have an edge.

I say go with the D50 becuase it's bigger and more comfortable.

Add one more camera to your hunt...the Olympus Evolt E-300 with the Zuilo 14-45mm (28-105mm equivalent)...there are many reviews on this camera comparing it to both the Nikon and the Canon. After I did my resaerch, I bought the Olympus...you'll see why.

LOL I think the main point to take away from this post is if you ask this question to 10 people... you'll get 10 different reponses.

In my honest opinion I don't think there's a bad choice to be made. Each camera is a good product and has subtle differences. Most people's advice is to go to a store and check out the dSLR's in person to see which one feels right. Such as comfort, ease of menus, etc. I don't think there's a bad choice though.

Good luck!!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back