Nikon D50 owners

ilockert

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
How much PP do you do after you get the images off the card? Im trying to do little to none but I always see myself fixing more and more each time. Like with colors and so forth, but the I see images posted that a perfect in 90 ways but never see if they PP it that way or if everything was just set right. Reason Im directing this towards D50 owners well that what I own and I just want to make sure it not something Im doing. Ill post some pictures up later on as to what i mean.

not too much...my most recent thread has almost none, just the jeep shot had to be brightened a bit but that was my fault

i do know what you are saying though, seems the white balance isn't always correct...

I always fix the exposure and white balance in Nikon View and then edit the colors (levels and brightness/contrast) in PSE. I sometimes do unsharp mask, but very rarely. I tend to get really sharp images straight out of the camera.

It's not like I have to do that, but the images look far better.

Exactly as much as I need to make the picture I want.

Honestly my view of people who don't do any post processing at all is that they must have a lot of unfinished photos. After all post processing on the computer is nothing more than doing what our local photo lab did for us back when we took the roll in to get developed.

On photos where it's worthwhile I do at a minimum all the basics. Microscopic exposure adjustments, colour correction, play slightly with saturation, adjust sharpening and noise reduction, and play with curves to get the contrast right. Some photos get more.

Most reactions

Back