nikon d50 vs. canon rebel 300d

defectir3

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
aight guys im sure questions like this get asked way to much... but o well... based on final image quality what would be the better choice.. the nikon d50 or canon 300d

Are you looking for quality or value? If it's value, then the 300D, no question!

But the D50 wins in every other catagory. I don't think this is a fair comparison. If you are contemplating the purchase of a new, pro-sumer dslr, I think you should compare the Nikon D50 to the Canon 350D. Go to www.dpreview.com and compare the two side by side.

He said "final image quality", so I don't think it's fair to say the D50 wins in every category other than value.

In my experience, Canon sensors tend to handle noise better. That said, final output quality of most pictures will be equivalent and low iso from both cameras.

i would go with the D50, i am going to buy one today most likely, they (according to dpreview) actually have better high ISO shooting than any thing less than a 20D, for 800 with the lens you can't pass that up, its an amazing camera for the price

Most reactions

Back