nikon d50 vs. d70

Yeah, I wanted a 350D untill I held both the D50 and the rebel.

This camera just feels better than the canon.

The grip sold me. Now to get the money to buy this thing?

^ same deal here, except i am sold on the Canon. Im jealous of all of you who has their DSLR's hehe. Good info on the D50 vs D70 tho..my roommate just got his D50, and he is enjoying it very much :)

the biggest reason im getting a the D350 (when I do) is because I have lenses compatible with it..if it werent for that, I would really look into other manufactures, but for me, the D350 is best.

And that's what it really comes down to, whatever fits you best for your needs. It's like buying shoes..they might look great, but if they are 2 sizes too small, it's just a matter of time before your feet are in bandages..

hey thanks for answering the question...

I went to my local photo store today and found that the 18-55 lens for the nikon 50D isnt too bad, with the focusing ring i mean. I am quite happy to find that out! Also i found that the 55-200 lens that goes with the camera is only 100 Euros (!) which sounds really cheap considering... does anyone own that lens or have expereice with it? (i expected it to be a lot more but i guess i was dreaming)!

So another thing i forgot to ask last time (and i counldnt figure it out today at the store) is whether one can change the intensity of the in-built flash? i know this can be done with the Canon 350D. Please let me know.

also the SD card i am thinking of buying is 1 GB, at the speed of 66X, as i cannot afford the 150X card. Do people think this is fast enough, as i am thinking of shooting raw, so does that mean it will take longer to save and be ready to take the next shot?!

:meh:

Also this sounds soo silly: but anyone who owns a Nikon 50D, do you know, when shooting Raw file, how big is the file size once imported to your computer? MB wise i mean....:mrgreen: . does this size change depending on the ISO setting?

Yes, you can change the flash intensity in the range -3EV to +1EV in steps of like 0.3.

My SD-card does 20MB/sec (dunno how much X that is) and it's sufficient for what I do. Can take about 20 pictures in a row, then it needs a short break of about a second and takes the next 20 (JPEG finest quality, never shot a series in RAW).

A RAW image will usually be somewhere around 5MB in size.

Most reactions

Back