Nikon d500 dpreview

jaomul

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
No doubt a great piece of kit.

Claims of as good hi iso performance as full frame have been pretty much rubbished, it is as good as the best crops out there though

Back to the action: Nikon D500 Review

So the camera can produce data at the speed of 400 MB/s (20 Megapixel * 14 Bit resolution * 10 fps), with compression maybe 200 MB/s, but the Snapbridge / Bluetooth / WiFi can only manage 40 KB/s, thats 1/5,000 to 1/10,000 of the necessary speed. A single RAW file that might be around 20 MB (14 Bit compressed) requires 500 sec / 8 min 20 sec to download.

I would say this WiFi still only serves decorative purposes and is perfectly unusable.

Wi fi is not really meant for raw files. It's for transferring a small file to email or social media and give some remote function to the camera

So the camera can produce data at the speed of 400 MB/s (20 Megapixel * 14 Bit resolution * 10 fps), with compression maybe 200 MB/s, but the Snapbridge / Bluetooth / WiFi can only manage 40 KB/s, thats 1/5,000 to 1/10,000 of the necessary speed. A single RAW file that might be around 20 MB (14 Bit compressed) requires 500 sec / 8 min 20 sec to download.

I would say this WiFi still only serves decorative purposes and is perfectly unusable.

Light takes around 7 minutes to travel from the sun to the earth

Last edited:
Yeah, the wireless feature is a deal killer, most important part of the camera.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Light takes around 7 minutes to travel from the earth to the sun.

Well there you go then. Obviously that's complete rubbish and we need to blow up the sun as it serves no valid purpose.

I didn't know the earth generated light ?
No wonder I've needed earthglasses lately.

All right I made small error stop breaking my balls :culpability:

My friend is having trouble with a piece of rubber that seals the battery door, it keeps falling off when he opens the door also 3rd party batteries are draining very quickly and it may not just be 3rd party batteries he thinks the original is running out too quickly

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Well technically it's not the earth that generates it.. it's actually radiation in the visible spectrum surrounding Justin Bieber. Which is why I propose we fire him at the sun thereby fixing the entire situation and not requiring anyone to bust Banana's testys..

Well technically it's not the earth that generates it.. it's actually radiation in the visible spectrum surrounding Justin Bieber. Which is why I propose we fire him at the sun thereby fixing the entire situation and not requiring anyone to bust Banana's testys..

They say that since the dawn of time mankind has yearned to destroy the Sun. So I propose everyone pledge just 1 dollar to go towards the building a huge trebuchet big enough to launch Justin Bieber the full 93 millions miles from the Earth to the Sun.

They say that since the dawn of time mankind has yearned to destroy the Sun. So I propose everyone pledge just 1 dollar to go towards the building a huge trebuchet big enough to launch Justin Bieber the full 93 millions miles from the Earth to the Sun.

I would certainly buy that for a dollar. I mean seriously, who cares if it actually works?

I would certainly buy that for a dollar. I mean seriously, who cares if it actually works?

Hopefully no-one cause it wouldn't but to be sure we would need significant funds to build a full sized prototype, I have an account in Panama were I could rest the cash whilst the prototype is being built.

Hopefully no-one cause it wouldn't but to be sure we would need significant funds to build a full sized prototype, I have an account in Panama were I could rest the cash whilst the prototype is being built.

And you wonder why you get your testy's stepped on all the time.. really?

Lol

Well, Earth generates a comparably tiny amount of light, but it reflects a huge amount of Sun light, clouds only reflect about half of all light coming from the Sun. So there is no mistake here. There is a lot of light coming from the Earth to the Sun. But to be precise, it takes about 500 sec (8 min 20 sec), not 7 min, for this reflected light to reach the Sun. To be even more precise - it is 499 sec aka 1 Astronomical unit.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back