Nikon D500 / Yongnuo 622N-TX incompatibilities

Bought a brand new 622N-TX.

Put it on the D500. As soon as I got into HSS territory the camera got all locked up again. Had to remove the battery then force a shutter release, otherwise the LCD panel only had ERR for anything I tried to do. I thought it killed my D500 until the shutter finally activated and everything worked fine again.
RESULT ==> No 622N-TX on the D500 hotshoe ever again.

@astroNikon have you had any further developments with this?

As I said earlier in this thread I had absolutely zero problems with this combination at first. Yesterday, out of nowhere on a senior portrait session my camera began doing the exact same thing as yours was. Anything under 1/250th was fine, but when I went over 1/250th the camera locked up. And now it continues to do the same every time I try.

I changed no settings. Updated no firmware. I don't get it.

Wrongnuo.

I'm planning to switch to a flashpoint based system anyway.

But that's still third party so I'm nervous about even doing that.

Update for anyone else experiencing this issue:

I updated the firmware on both my D500 and YN-622Tx-n. D500 is now at 1.13 and the yongnuo is 1.08. My issues have resolved and auto FP/HSS are again functioning 100%.

I no longer have the confidence to rely on this for paid shoots and will be upgrading in the near future, but I'll still use this stuff for less serious work or in locations that it's likely to get damaged.

Update for anyone else experiencing this issue:

I updated the firmware on both my D500 and YN-622Tx-n. D500 is now at 1.13 and the yongnuo is 1.08. My issues have resolved and auto FP/HSS are again functioning 100%.

I no longer have the confidence to rely on this for paid shoots and will be upgrading in the near future, but I'll still use this stuff for less serious work or in locations that it's likely to get damaged.
That's good. I tried that myself but the 1.13 wasn't out at that time.

Most reactions

Back