Nikon D5000 or Canon 500D

ecphoto

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Okay so I have been debating a lot between these two. I can get the canon 500D with a lens for about $450 and the nikon D3100 with a lens for about $450 as well.

I had asked around here about which nikon was best in my price range and the d3100 seemed to be on point.

The Canon seems really great too, and is about the same in price. If you were me what would you go with? And why?

P.s. sorry about all the stupid questions.

Last edited:
I am tempted to say it doesn't matter, but it seems the experts say it for me. Check out this link it may help you make up your mind
Canon 500D vs Nikon D3100

Lol just pick one. It doesnt matter, one day nikon makes something you really like the next day its canon. Both companies make products that are NEARLY identical. If i had a canon as my first camera i would still be shooting canon but my first camera was a nikon so i am shooting nikon and have invested too much to switch to canon. I like the ergonomics of nikon better other than that its all the same, both are entry level dslrs.

I want to say go nikon, but i am biased i know for a fact canon will suit you just as well as nikon would.

Lol just pick one. It doesnt matter, one day nikon makes something you really like the next day its canon. Both companies make products that are NEARLY identical. If i had a canon as my first camera i would still be shooting canon but my first camera was a nikon so i am shooting nikon and have invested too much to switch to canon. I like the ergonomics of nikon better other than that its all the same, both are entry level dslrs.

I want to say go nikon, but i am biased i know for a fact canon will suit you just as well as nikon would.

In the end I was able to scrape together some extra cash. I just ordered a brand new canon 550D. What sold me on Canon was how they felt in my hand even though Nikon feels of better build quality.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back