Nikon D5100 sensor problem?! Magenta large line over the picture.

Ansatsu

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello,

Problems are appearing in my photos. I am starting to see a magenta large line at the right of the pictures only in vertical shots. And that line appears more in the shadows area, it does not appear on the sky. This happens only in long exposures, superior to 10 seconds.

See the photos with the problem in here:
_DSC1413 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
_DSC1729 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
_DSC1711 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
_DSC1258 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

And a 5 minutes black image with the lens cap on, i only see hot pixeis in this one, this was to test the sensor.
_DSC1736 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

But has there is no light with the lens cap on, maybe it needs light to capture that magenta color.

I took these shots with a 10 stop ND filter, i am now starting to think that the problem can be from the ND filter, i have a Haida 10 stop filter.
What do you think guys, sensor problem or ND problem? If so, why only it appears in the right side? and not all over the picture. My nikon has only a few months, it has warranty.

I hope you can help me with this one guys. Thanks.

Take off the ND filter, test with current lens, try another lens and see if you get the same results... realitivly speaking I have not heard much good about variable ND filters, my money would be on that causing the issue.

I am using a fixed 10 stop ND filter Haida.

shady195 said:
Take off the ND filter, test with current lens, try another lens and see if you get the same results... realitivly speaking I have not heard much good about variable ND filters, my money would be on that causing the issue.

^^^ Have you done this?

If all the shots with the filter have the same issue then you should try without the filter.

I will make more tests with and without.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back