Nikon D5200 (Answer my 2 Doubts Please)

Pown

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hey Guys!!

I bought Nikon D5200 after i posted my thought here and got your advices, Now i need help to access my camera

1. I want to turn on HDR, It's grey out. I tried changing my file format to jpeg and M mode, and everything i read but it's still grey, i can't turn it on. Help needed) Thanks
2. Bracketing Photos, I saw on youtube, that i can take 3 images with different exposure compensation, But i can able to take 2 only. Is that only 2 available or am i missing something? Please help on that too..

One more question i have, I saw that D5200 has the facility to shoot slow motion, I mean i saw everywhere it's 60fps, But i don't know where to do the settings and turn it on. Help me on that too guys.

Note: I don't have the manual, So i trust you guys with these questions.

Thank you

I know on my D7100 I need first move file from RAW to JPEG to highlight the HDR function.
Probably you will need to do same on your D5200.

I know on my D7100 I need first move file from RAW to JPEG to highlight the HDR function.
Probably you will need to do same on your D5200.

I tried that as well buddy.

You need to turn the camera to JPEG-only. Not RAW + JPEG. Make sure you're shooting in aperture priority or another supported mode for auto-HDR. You may have to set d-lighting to auto.

For bracketing, you have to go into your camera's settings and change it from 2-bracket to 3-bracket bracketing.

In-camera HDR is somewhat useless in my opinion. Stick to bracketing if you love HDR.

You can't use Raw, and you can't use flash.
The in-camera HDR feature only makes 2 exposures and they aren't actually bracketed.
For the best results with the in-camera HDR feature set the camera to the Matrix light metering mode.

See pages 71-72 of the D5200 Reference Manual.

It's all covered in the manual !!!!

Many don't know that the full Reference Manual is a PDF file on the software disc that comes with Nikon D3XXX and D5XXX cameras.

Nikon does not provide a hard copy of the full manual, just a hard copy Quick Start guide that only covers the high points.

Most reactions

Back