Nikon D5200 & HDR photgraphy

supersi

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have a Nikon D5200. It has its own built-in HDR setting, I want to know a few things.
1. What types of photos are possible with HDR? Should I only use it for tripod-mounted, remote-trigger landscape photography?
I took an HDR photo of a person and it was shadowy, I'm guessing this is because it was double-exposure??
2. I've noticed that every time I take a built-in HDR photo the D5200 automatically reverts back to a normal photo for the next shot and I have to re-activate HDR mode. Is this normal, and/or can you set it up to stay in HDR?
3. Would I be better off learning to manually create HDR photos and can anyone recommend a step-by-step how-to and what software should I use/ - I have Photoshop and Lightroom.

For HDR you have to take multiple pictures so you want something that doesn't move unless you want to be creative. If you have Photoshop it has an HDR capability so you can take photos and let it do it or there are a number of programs that specialize in HDR. One I think is called Photomatic or something like that.
Do a search in youtube for HDR and Photoshop and you'll get more info than you can assimilate in one day.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back