Nikon D600 stopped shooting in non-auto mode

Dennispost

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello everyone,

When I went out for a shoot yesterday, I noticed that the camera produced very dark images on every non-auto setting (M-A-S-P), both on the LCD, as well after import in ACR (images could be salvaged in ACR). However, the camera did produce 'normal' images in the 'auto' setting. This morning, it doesn't produce any files on the non-auto settings. I reset the camera (two green dot reset). I shoot RAW and firm-ware is updated (1.01), and still it produces normally exposed images on auto-setting. I also reset all user-settings.

Anybody any thoughts?

Thanks.

Check to see if you have accidentally set a bunch of - (minus) Exposure Compensation.
See page 112 of your D600 User's Manual.

In any of the non-auto modes you have to have an understanding of exposure or this kind of situation will arise. If your exposure is too low for the lighting then you will get underexposed images. The camera is no longer in charge of the exposure, the photographer is.

Thanks, but no. I checked that immediately.

OK, weird. I did another reset. Removed the battery. Did another reset and now the camera works like it should.

Thanks.

Check the connection on the lens are clean as well, it might opening the iris correctly.

John

Most reactions

New Topics

Back