Nikon D600?

I agree with the body part. It doesn't look very professional considering how small it is, but depending on who you're talking to that could be a good or bad thing. The camera seemed to be a buy considering its capabilities at the price it's currently at.

meanwhile I've found myself drooling over Aptus ii 5 and 8s to possibly stick on the back of my Mamiya. I wonder if they expect people to actually pay 10k right up front or payment plans. If they expect up front payment that'd be ridiculous

James Russell sent me an e-mail some years ago, in which he mentioned that even though the Fuji S2 Pro was a "plastic camera" [and yes, it was VERY plastic-y], once it had a compendium lens shade mounted to it and was placed on the tripod, that art directors took no notice of how small or how cheezy the thing was...he stated that with the compendium hood fitted, that it looked like "a big camera".

But yeah, the idea that a professional's camera must be large is a well-known sentiment, and one I think that will die off very slowly, if ever. A week ago I read a blog article by a working professional shooter, describing how to deal with using the very small Olympus OM-D EM-5 and its diminutive lenses on shoots.

Wouldn't a D800(e) be closer to MF?

The 1/4000 shutter on the D610/D600 is why i would call it a low-end full frame camera.

however, The Cayman is also a low end Porsche... I would take it over most high-end cars.

I bought a refurbished 600 from KEH and LOVE it. The extra few hundred dollars off let my buy a bigger SD card, and an extra battery. I'm not planning on buying a grip for it, I'm actually kind of liking the smaller body. It's nice to carry something lighter than my gripped D200 or the F4s.

And btw, the 2 spots on the sensor blew off with just a couple of poofs from the rocket blower- no oil, just dust. 2000+ clicks later and it's still looking good.

To OP the d800 was nicknamed the mf killer in some comparison reviews. It may be an even better option

Edit- just realised other than a reply today this is a very old thread. Oops

Recently, Nikon officially announced the much-leaked D600 a week before the Photokina trade show in September. The D600 is a full-frame DSLR. The D600, which offers similar build quality & operational ergonomics as the popular DX-format D7000.

Thank you.
[TR]

You're a few years late with this post...Thanks for signing up and necroposting, without adding any value, for no reason but to promote your business.

Last edited by a moderator:
old thread ....

but someone mentions the d7000

I think the d7000 actually has, in my copies, better more consistent build than my d600
some of my d600 buttons don't have the same consistent feel across the buttons as my d7000 has.
and the memory card slots are "squishy" compared to the more in/out mechanical feel of the d7000.

consistent feel-wise my d7000 is better than my d600
but that's kinda minor

ooh .. and it apparently drops dust all over my house :)

That's such a painful video to watch. If they didn't run a store I would have considered it informative...

Just look at the comments. There are people with real names commenting (not fake YouTube accounts) all attesting to the fact that BH Photo claimed when they contacted BH, that BH claimed they'd never heard of the issue being a problem (for every single individual case). And then BH comes out with a video stating that they haven't had any customers coming to them with an issue about it...

*VERY* fishy... a load of photo-propaganda if you ask me. I'd never trust a company that runs itself like that...

Last edited:
I shoot weddings with a D3, but the D600 is what I go for when I shoot portraits with studio lights. The D600 has a smaller buffer, but is a fantastic camera. I bring it with me everywhere.

The dust/oil issue is mass paranoia. My D3's sensor looks like a dust farm with probably 50 spots. I just clean it and move on...same with the D600.

...get a refurb and save some cash

D600 and D610 are just about the same camera,,you would not be able to tell the difference in hand or on IQ comparison. If you can find a great price for a used D600 go for it other wise if you buy new go d610.

Keep in mind the 1/4000 shutter speed if you are shooting in studio this may effect your shooting style if you use 1/8000 shutter speeds.

Most reactions

Back