voodoocat

))<>((
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.voodoocat.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I haven't seen many sample images from it but the features sure beat the hell out of the digital rebel. There is even talk of Nikon releasing a D50 with a cost of $499! I've been researching the D70 over the last few days and realized this will probably be the cam to move me into "mostly digital". I've been waiting for the prices to drop and the features to get better and I believe the Nikon D70 delivers.

Here is DPReviews preview of the D70: clicketh

The things that interest me about this camera:
Just about every feature on this camera outdoes the 300D. You gotta love when the competition heats up and the consumer wins by getting more for their money.

Camera shoots up to 1/8000 second. Could stop a bullet! I also like into the sun macro shots with a wide open aperture. Higher shutter speeds help out with that. It can also can fire 3 fps for up to 12 images in HQ JPG and 4 images in RAW.

Incredible amount of control over everything. 1/3 stops on ISO settings, +/- 5 EV in 1/3 or 1/2 stops exposure compensation. Flash exposure compensation of -3 to +1 in 1/3 step increments. With an external flash you get synch up to 1/500!

For whatever reason, Canon built the 300D with a USB1.1 transfer. On the D70 it's USB 2.0 as it should be.

It comes with the 3D Color Matrix meter. Not sure if this is the same as the F5 but it sounds fancy. It also comes with a little feature called a spot meter.

more notes:
Sea and Sea will be releasing an underwater casing for the D70.
http://www.dpreview.com/news/0402/04020401seaseadxd70.asp

and I'll also add the SB 600 flash and have the perfect outfit.

I have had a hands on test of the d70, which i got through a nikon rep friend of mine, and the camera has a cheap body just like the rebel, and it feels really cheap.

I personally prefer a more rugged heavier body, but for the options that the d70 offer, it is the best bang for the buck value of any DSLR on the market.

The one i got to play with wasnt a complete d70 though, everything was auto, but you could still adjust the aperture and shutter speed, they kept it pretty simple. This camera is going to break the DSLR price barrier, adn we will start to see the high end cameras come down very soon.

GimpyPoop said:
Yo,
From what I read, it sounds HOTTT! Hotter than the DRebel and I am a Canon Whore.
Me, the Flea

I'm a Canon whore as well. If I didn't already have a ton of EOS lenses, I would be taking a serious look at this one.

Steve

well...... He's gonna sell it to me for $1299 with the lens. Haven't paid for it yet. I'm starting to have second thoughts, ouch. I'm now torn between a D70 package and an 80-200 f/2.8, or a 300D package and an 80-200 f/4L. I've canceled my order for now, I'm gonna wait until I find out if Nikon will offer a vertical grip with a shutter release for it or not, and also get my hands onto both packages at the same time.

Im new to photography and looking into getting a digital slr. Is the 70d worth the extra 300 bucks compared to the canon rebel for an amateur like myself? I want a camera I can have full control over, this is probably the most important feature but how great will the image quality differ b/w the two cameras?

Gadoken said:
Im new to photography and looking into getting a digital slr. Is the 70d worth the extra 300 bucks compared to the canon rebel for an amateur like myself? I want a camera I can have full control over, this is probably the most important feature but how great will the image quality differ b/w the two cameras?

view the website
it has very specfic information

www.dpreview.com

Most reactions

New Topics

Back