Nikon D70 won't power on

Debowebo

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I have a Nikon D70 and I have charged 2 different batteries and it won't turn on at all. I love this camera and can't figure out what I am doing wrong! Any help/ advice would be appreciated! Thank you!

Are you certain that the batteries are charged? Are the battery contacts and the contacts inside the battery compartment clean (try rubbing each with a pencil eraser, but watch the "crumbs"). Other than that.... well, maybe it's decided that its time has come.

I am certain they are both fully charged. I tried cleaning with a pencil eraser and it still won't turn on. Such a shame:( My dad gave me this camera. I loved it. Thank you!

I am certain they are both fully charged. I tried cleaning with a pencil eraser and it still won't turn on. Such a shame:( My dad gave me this camera. I loved it. Thank you!

Its not the end of the world, if the camera is that important to you Nikon will be happy to fix it for you.
But then other then emotional importance I would use this oportunity to get a new and modern camera.

Time to fire up the old, "Another One Bites The Dust" video from Queen???

as far as D70 repairs...used D70 bodies are soooo low-priced now that it's possible that any repairs would run you more than buying a used D70...or even a used D80...I saw a nice, clean, low-use D80 last month for $115. Older digital bodies are now very low in resale value...the newer, higher-MP, lower-noise cameras are really devaluing the older models. A year ago, my favorite photo store sold a pair of Nikon D2h cameras, originally $3,499 bodies, for $175 each.

I shot the D70 for a few years. It was a nice camera for its era, and it performed pretty well, and had good battery life, decent color, felt good in the hand and so on. But I think you'd really,really love the files that something newer produces.

Time to fire up the old, "Another One Bites The Dust" video from Queen???

as far as D70 repairs...used D70 bodies are soooo low-priced now that it's possible that any repairs would run you more than buying a used D70...or even a used D80...I saw a nice, clean, low-use D80 last month for $115. Older digital bodies are now very low in resale value...the newer, higher-MP, lower-noise cameras are really devaluing the older models. A year ago, my favorite photo store sold a pair of Nikon D2h cameras, originally $3,499 bodies, for $175 each.

I shot the D70 for a few years. It was a nice camera for its era, and it performed pretty well, and had good battery life, decent color, felt good in the hand and so on. But I think you'd really,really love the files that something newer produces.

I agree with every word Derrel said.
If the camera is this important to you because your dad bought it for you then the option to fix it is there but as Derrel said best is getting a new modern camera, technology doesnt wait for no one and new modern DSLR (even entry level cameras) are so advanced compared to the D70 that it will really amaze you (especially in low light, high ISO).

:lmao: Virtually all DSLR's are still 'new, modern camera technology'. :lmao:

The D70 can sync flash in a way today's DSLR's can't. The official specification is the D70 can sync flash up to 1/500, but with non-dedicated flash units the D70 can sync right up to it's 1/4000 max shutter speed.

I have another DSLR- this was one of my back up cameras (thank goodness!). Thank you for all of the responses!

Most reactions

Back