Nikon D700 released

Nikon has historically come out with a fast pro body for journalists and then one that has higher resolution for the other pros.

It's not really an upgrade but a different model on the same chassis if you will.

That makes sense. A good competitive strategy too.

Damn....I just got the D300 a few short months ago....

The price seems reasonable, but can't justify by any strecth of my imagination... But damn....

In case nobody went deeper in that link from Iron Flatline, Nikon is introducing an SB-900 flash at the EOM. Hmmm.....

Competition between manufacturers is good for consumers.

Now where is that 5DmkII? CANON?

exactly! Canon had no reason to release a 5DmkII since there was simply no competition. Now finally the wheel might be turning again ... looking forward to the future :)

exactly! Canon had no reason to release a 5DmkII since there was simply no competition. Now finally the wheel might be turning again ... looking forward to the future :)

Well, last time around, Canon came out with the 40D and 1dsMKIII, and Nikon did some buttwhoopin with the introduction of the D300 and D3. This time, maybe it'll be the other way around.

I like it... but... for my purposes, the 1.5 crop factor of a D300 is actually a lot better since most everything I shoot is telephoto...

If I were doing weddings, however, I would order one of these the second Adorama listed it on their website (they are first come, first served).

The question on my mind right now is who is going to come up with the next breakthrough on lens technology?

And then it's what is the new tech going to be? Even more exotic glass? Bigger elements? Multiple light channels? Continuous scan MI sampling?

Should be fun!!!

Dang. If only SOMEONE had warned us that Nikon was going to be releasing this "D700." Surely someone heard about it in the rumor mill, yet NO ONE said anything...

*shrugs*

This Christmas would be a quick upgrade. What features do people still need that the D3 doesn't provide?

They already let part of the cat out of the bag... the D3X is going to be a touch over 24MP, lightly more improved high ISO noise control, probably a touch slower on the FPS front and traditionally, the "x" is about $1000 more.

The latest firmware showed the future 24+ MP capabilities. Seems Nikon is letting more than a few mistakes slip out lately? ;)

For me, the next camera *is* going to be the D3 (D4?), not the D700 nor the D3X.

$3000, with all the bells and whistles, based on generations of previous models, and it still doesn't have a 100% viewfinder.

THAT should be the next evolution in camera design.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back