nikon d700 vs d7000

Who's to say the replacement won't be $3000? I'm thinking August will be when it happens. It's all speculation. All I know is that my D700 and (even older) D300 still kick ass.

Yeah, I saw that Keith, just now. $2200 ain't too bad.

Considering the MSRP price of a D7000 is roughly $200 more than a D90, I can't see the replacement for the D700 to be $3000+. I'm thinking the replacement will be around the same price as the D700 and maybe a little less considering the market these days.

With that being said 2200 for that is pretty decent.

Only non D700 user recommends waiting for a replacement. Ask any D700 owner and most of them will tell you they could care less when a replacement will come out.

FYI, the D700 was listed at $3000 when it came out. The "replacement" will NOT be cheaper.

if i had 8 wedding booked allready, with a 50% down payement. i would have gotten a d3/s allready

You have to keep in mind that not everyone understand all the technical aspects of photography. My wifes sister-in-law actually was paid $300 to shoot a wedding with a cheap point n shoot canon, it is pink and im sure t cost $100 or less... She's kind of a hillbilly (as my wife would say) :)
None of that makes her a wedding photographer.

I'm curious as why you would rather get a D3? Why spend $1500+ more on feature that doesn't really applied to his shooting. The D700 uses the exact same sensor as a D3. It has built in flash which is great for CLS system without the extra weight of a sb800/900. Do you really need 9fps for wedding?

A good friend of mine has a D7000 and by all means, it's one of the BEST DX sensor body out there. I've had a chance to shoot with it multiple times and my thought is; if you also shoot video then it's a great choice, especially for the money. But for strictly photography, there's still nothing out there that beats the D700 at that price range.

Most reactions

Back