Nikon D700

The D600 and then the D600 + free 24-85 VR lens; the D600 refurbs; the D610, and then the discontinuing of the D800 and D800e for the new D810, plus the D750's arrival on the scene, all those things have combined to reallllllly put a lot of fast, downward pressure on the D800 cameras, which initially sold for $3299 just two years ago...they're dropping to the $1800 range used! Talk about a rapid, open-market price drop. Sooooo many good 24-MP bodies got onto the market so affordably that the D800's "lock" on the FX segment was pretty weak. I think the used D800 seems like a very good value in the $1800-$1900 used price range.

Theres a D800 at a local shop that a buddy works at and they will let me walk with it for ~1400. Ill be looking at it on Tuesday
D800 for 1400$ and you are waiting till Tuesday to see it ?
I hope they are holding it for you or else it will not be there when you come to see it!

leaving town this evening as soon as I am off of work for my "mini honey moon" with the wife. Also she would kill me if she knew I was looking into another camera. Im hoping when I sell my d300 she wont notice the difference between the two hahahaha. I have tuesday off from work so I will be able to run down there with out her along to look at the D800
You have no other option than to get the D800
you then have to use some black marker and mask the left part of the "8" in the D800
then it will show D300

Good luck .. she'll never notice (as long as she doesn't look too closely)

see my plan was to use electrical tape to black out the 300 and say "its for when I do some street photography this week" and when I get the 800, do the same then how would she know??? hahaha

Most reactions

New Topics

Back