Nikon D7000 focusing issue?

lfoush

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
My Nikon D7000 seems to be having focusing issues whenever I use my 50mm f/1.8 lens. The attached picture gives an example. I moved the focus point right over the girl with her head turned, but the focus seems to be on the girl behind her. What is the cause of this, and is there a way it can be fixed? Other people also seem to be having this issue or issues like it with this camera.

Attachments

• $20140318-LAF-10506.jpg
    $20140318-LAF-10506.jpg
    197.2 KB · Views: 142
Probably no where experienced enough to answer this, but perhaps it's your 1/60 shutter speed and the slight movement of you pressing the shutter button moves your focal point? Where abouts in GA are you?

Never mind. I know where you are. Scary leaving your data on an online photo.

Where is that data showing up? I didn't realize I had left it...but I don't see it anywhere...?

You can pull it up with file info in PS.

Where is that data showing up? I didn't realize I had left it...but I don't see it anywhere...?
It's in the image metadata fields.
At 1/60 if her head was moving when the shutter released it is motion blur and not a focus issue.

It's in the image metadata fields.
At 1/60 if her head was moving when the shutter released it is motion blur and not a focus issue.
:thumbup:

As KmH noted it's probably motion blur.

I did have focus issues on my copy of the D7000, though. I seem to have better luck on my D7100 than I ever did on my 7000. I found myself always fine tuning.

The D7000 has known back focus problems it has been well documented on the net !

Most reactions

Back