Nikon D7000 - Hot Pixels in Video Mode

Stradawhovious

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Well, I'm a little miffed.

I don't use the video mode much or ever, but to have a brand new toy with issues........

Well, that's just not OK.

Apparently, there is an issue with the Nikon D700 having hot pixels when shooting video. They are both green and red, and show up during playback. They are not always there, and not always in the same spot. Many times the red ones will be green next time you turn on the camera, and vice versa.

Originally when I bought the camera, I checked for the issue and it wasn't there. Then, after a month, the issue presented itself. This only happened in Manal mode to begin with, but since has migrated into the other modes as well. I have contacted Nikon, they seem to be VERY familiar with the problem, and have offered steps to initiate the return process, and the nice folks at Best Buy say I have until Jan 31st to return it for a brand new one......

Which is what i'm going to end up doing.

The question I have is this..... How can I be sure that the replacement won't have this issue? It didn't seem to be present in this one initially!

Just keep an eye on it and make sure BestBuy holds your replacement under the same 30 day warranty, as in, once it's swapped, a new 30 day will start for you.

I haven't noticed any hot pixels. But then again I only use video mode for fun and I dont pay attention.

Leave the cap lens on and turn up the ISO with live view on. Once you know where the pixels are, it easy easier to find on regular video especially low light.

Most reactions

Back