Nikon D7100 or D610?

Low light and the ability to crop tight with the d600 is a big step up over the dx cameras. If you're going to upgrade go with the FF.. You dont have to buy new lens right away, the d600 shows the dx crop in the view finder. Good luck

While the D610 has a full frame image sensor it is an entry-level or consumer grade DSLR.

The D610 is on the NPS 'pro body' list (while the D7100 is only on the 'backup body' list)... so while it may be 'entry-level', Nikon considers it 'PRO'.

While the D610 has a full frame image sensor it is an entry-level or consumer grade DSLR.

The D610 is on the NPS 'pro body' list (while the D7100 is only on the 'backup body' list)... so while it may be 'entry-level', Nikon considers it 'PRO'.

you didn't know? Nikon weather seals all their entry-level, dual thumb-wheel, pentaprisim mirrored, ISO 50-25,600 handling, flash commanding, auto-fp syncing, full frame shooting, 39-point focusing, Magnesium-alloy framed, focus-motored, consumer grade, Best Buy cameras.

I've shot both the D7000 and D600 extensively. The problem you will run into when using a DX body is when/if your client will ask you to shoot in low light. It would be difficult for you to produce images of acceptable noise with a D7100 at night or in very poor lighting. Other than that, image quality between the two will be similar. Photos shot with my d600 at ISO 6400 look better than those shot at ISO 1600 with my D7000 exposed similarly. I'm sure the D7100 low light performance is slightly better than that of the d7000 though.

I am building a studio in my basement for portraits. I want to be taken seriously as a photographer by clients. I also have second shot weddings and small concerts and want to start going on my own. I'm ready to make a serious business out of this. I plan on using my D7000 as a back up camera. I just wanted to know what people thought about the two cameras and what would be the best investment. It sounds like the FX would be best for my home studio even though it's pretty big for a home studio, but I do want to be close to my clients.

yes, D610 for low light. D7100 for more features if you already have a lot of DX glass and don't need to shoot in the dark without a flash.

If you take great photos as you say you do,then you will be taken seriously no matter what camera is hanging from your neck !!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back