Nikon D7100 SD Cards?

jomvr

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I recently upgraded my Nikon D60 to the D7100. I've been using a...

Lexar Platinum II 8GB SDHC 200x (Class 10) and it worked just fine.

Although now I find that the buffering and loading has been a lot slower than I'd like.

After getting this new body, I've been very overwhelmed and have been trying to figure out what the best SD card is for my current body.

I looked at the "Approved Memory Cards" in the manual and
Nikon D7100 SD Card Speed Tests - Fastest memory cards for D7100 - Camera Memory Speed Comparison Performance tests for SD and CF cards

but I'm still unsure as to what SD cards are good for my dollar or just overkill. As well if I should be considering an SDHC or a SDXC.

I'd appreciate all help and info!

SanDisk extreme pro 95 mbs are widely regarded as the cards to use on d7100. I have these and they allow the camera to still shoot at 3ish fps when buffer is full using raw

SanDisk extreme pro 95 mbs are widely regarded as the cards to use on d7100. I have these and they allow the camera to still shoot at 3ish fps when buffer is full using raw

Not just with the D7100, SanDisk ExtremePro and SanDisk ExtremePlus cards are well known as reliable, high-performance cards. If you're looking for read and write speed, you may want to go beyond class 10 and look at U3 cards.

Here's a good article about card sizes and speeds.

The Fastest Memory Cards Money Can Buy explora

Most reactions

New Topics

Back