Nikon D7200 and Lightroom

reelandtrigger

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Received my Nikon D7200 yesterday and darn, appears that the Nikon D7200's RAW format is not currently supported in Lightroom. On the Adobe site they show that it should be available in Lightroom 6.0.

Those using the Nikon D7200, what are you using to edit your RAW files?

Thanks in advance!

You could temporarily use ViewNX (Nikon's free software) to first convert the raw files to TIFF, then bring the TIFFs into LR. It's an added step, but it will also make your originals a backup.

I caved in and joined the Cloud. It is my understanding that they will not be releasing Camera RAW updates for previous versions of LR, but 6 does have support for the 7200.

Thanks for the replies...so is version 6 on the Cloud then?

Light room version 6 is on the cloud or stand alone. Which ever way you want it. I understand that the CC version does have some additional features though.

Thanks again all, I will take a look and maybe just do the trial...hate to pay monthly, however, guess that means I always have the latest version, right? :)

Thanks again all, I will take a look and maybe just do the trial...hate to pay monthly, however, guess that means I always have the latest version, right? :)

Yes, you'll have access to the latest updates as long as you maintain your subscription. I just got the D7200 and signed up for the Creative Cloud Photography for $9.99/mo + tax.

Another alternative is to avoid Adobe's software all together...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back