Nikon d750

mikoh4792

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
How bad is the flare issue? I'm aware that Nikon is offering some type of service to fix this. Has there been some sort of recall? I can't seem to find available d750's anywhere(amazon, bhp, adorama..etc are all waiting for more bodies to come in).

I will be going full frame and was sold on the d750 until I came across this rumor regarding the flare issue. Would just like some feedback from actual users here.

Also, is the high iso performance on this camera any better than the d610?

Sorry,

Not a user - hope that's ok. It's not a rumor, but I'd suggest hanging tight until Nikon provides the fix and gets them back on the shelves. Done deal. Unless you are in a super rush.

I bought my D750 few months ago and if I wanted I could send my camera to Nikon and they could fix the flare issue but my camera doesn't have the flare issue so why fix a good camera ?
Not all cameras were affected!
The new cameras that will hit the store soon will not have this issue so I wouldn't worry about it, I would get it with a calm heart.
FYI flare issue is not only a problem with the D750 but lots other DSLR cameras had this issue including Canon top sports camera.
Even cameras that had this issue you had to work hard to find it, only direct light and only specific angle.
The "Fro" tested a D750 with flare issue and from over 1000 pictures he took with it only 3 had it.
This was blown waaaayyyy out of proportions because of the very bad way Nikon dealt with the D600 issue, this time they hit the nail when it was still hot and problem is now solved, I saw a review of a guy which had flare issue sent it to Nikon got the camera after 11 days and he said he cant see the flare anymore, problem solved!

Comparing the D610 to the D750

Low light performance, up to 6400ISO I doubt very much you will see any difference, the difference will be at 12800ISO where the D750 is still in its native ISO while the D610 is at Hi 1 so noise will be more noticeable.
The differences are bigger with the AF system, metering system, swivel screen and more.
The D610 is a wonderful camera, if you have the cash get the D750 with no fear, if you can afford only the D610 then its a wonderful camera too.
They share same sensor so IQ is about same.
If you want more info you are welcome to PM me.

I bought my D750 few months ago and if I wanted I could send my camera to Nikon and they could fix the flare issue but my camera doesn't have the flare issue so why fix a good camera ?
The new cameras that will hit the store soon will not have this issue so I wouldn't worry about it, I would get it with a calm heart.
FYI flare issue is not only a problem with the D750 but lots other DSLR cameras had this issue including Canon top sports camera.
Even cameras that had this issue you had to work hard to find it, only direct light and only specific angle.
The "Fro" tested a D750 with flare issue and from over 1000 pictures he took with it only 3 had it.
This was blown waaaayyyy out of proportions because of the very bad way Nikon dealt with the D600 issue, this time they hit the nail when it was still hot and problem is now solved, I saw a review of a guy which had flare issue sent it to Nikon got the camera after 11 days and he said he cant see the flare anymore, problem solved!

Low light performance, up to 6400ISO I doubt very much you will see any difference, the difference will be at 12800ISO where the D750 is still in its native ISO while the D610 is at Hi 1 so noise will be more noticeable.
The differences are bigger with the AF system, metering system, swivel screen and more.
The D610 is a wonderful camera, if you have the cash get the D750 with no fear, if you can afford only the D610 then its a wonderful camera too.

Thanks for the informative reply. I am definitely interested in this camera, and will probably pull the trigger soon. The high iso performance is what I like(Since I do most shooting indoors)

Thanks for the informative reply. I am definitely interested in this camera, and will probably pull the trigger soon. The high iso performance is what I like(Since I do most shooting indoors)
Bought my D750 mainly because of the high ISO capabilities and was not disappointed.
There are more advantage it holds over lower Nikon's.
You are going to LOVE it!!! :)

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back