Nikon D80, its great!!

RedDevilUK

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
i bought a Nikon D80 18-70mm Camera only yesterday.. and even though im a beginner to the the hobby, ive taken some great pictures already :)

ive mastered Manual focus quickly and im now working on the BULB slow capture, did a little last night and got a fair result... so i know im making progress (rolling a ball across the front room :D )

so its a lovely day today... sun shining :) i am going down by the rivers and canals to see if i can capture anything

because ive only ever had instant cameras before, i was worried i might have bitten of more than i could chew.... buying a complicated camera with switches knobs and gadgets on it. but it appears i made a good choice... a little reading and plenty of playing (taking pictures of dogs and kids in and around the house.... rather annoyingly) is proof to anyone that its a more simple camera than you would think.

anyone thinking of buying one, go for it ;)

I was thinking about getting the D80 but I hear its better to get good glass then a good body so I'm leaning more to the D50 now. I'll have to play around with both first.

More I use my D80 the better I become with it. I was pretty overwhelmed at first, but now I'm doing much better. Great choice of a camera. :)

i too am still working through all the different functions... and type of pictures i can take.

i suppose the main thing is the fact its getting me out of the house, and im enjoying it :)
i must admit i felt a little stupid in public places snapping away, but i am getting used to that now... some people even come over, and it starts conversations.

so in short, it gives me exercise, gets me to see places i wouldnt go to normally, learning things about my local history too. and at the end of the day i take home memories and pictures too :)

I was thinking about getting the D80 but I hear its better to get good glass then a good body so I'm leaning more to the D50 now. I'll have to play around with both first.

for image quality yes better glass is more important, but the extra features of a more expensive body can be useful as well. If you can afford both, do so (body and lenses) but if you can only afford either quality lenses OR an expensive body, go with the glass. Camera bodies become obsolete pretty quickly anyways whereas glass is good for as long as it is in good condition.

Most reactions

Back