Nikon D80 lens help

Reaction score
Website
www.photographed-memories.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi,

I've been a long time lurker and am finally posting here.

My question is this; I have a Nikon D80 and am looking into purchasing a new lens. I mainly shoot studio portraits. I would also like a lens that is good for wedding portraits as well as wedding photojournalism.

Any suggestons?

Thanks in advance!

~Lilly

I really like my 85mm f/1.8. Had I researched more and the extra money, I may have gone with the f/1.4 instead.

You could go really cheap but still a awesome lens and get the 50mm 1.8. I got mine of of B&h for 115, its really nice buts its not really a portrait lens well some people say it is, i like to think it is but most people you zooms for portraits. It can also be used as a walking around lens if you want.

85mm f/1.8 (outdoor portraits) AND 50mm f/1.4 (indoor portraits)

I'm actually buying a used 85mm f/1.8 lens from a friend of mine, so I'm glad I decided to get that from her, seeing as it is a good lens.

I'm going to look into getting the 50mm f/1.4 as well. Thanks for the advice!

I have both these lens on a D80, they are nice. Hope you enjoy them as well.

17.55 2.8 this is Really Good lens a little pricey but GOOD.

I'm actually buying a used 85mm f/1.8 lens from a friend of mine, so I'm glad I decided to get that from her, seeing as it is a good lens.

I'm going to look into getting the 50mm f/1.4 as well. Thanks for the advice!
if your friend is giving you a good deal on the 85, resell it higher and buy the 1.4. or, if you say there's no real budget, go for it. it's a nice freaking lens.

Most reactions

Back