Nikon d80 Question

Shocker

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hello all,

I am currently considering a purchase of either the Canon xti or the Nikon d80. The xti comes with a software called EOS utility where you can control the camera through your computer and do time lapse photography. Does the d80 come with an equivalent software? I have been unable to find a clear answer on Nikon's site and through google searches. Any help would be great! Thanks! :hail:

The Nikon D80 should be able to do that too with a program called Nikon Capture. Plug in the USB cable and run that program to control the camera.

Yeah, I think Nikon capture does that. I don't use Nikon capture, so i'm not 100% sure.

Nikon Capture NX does not support tethered shooting. You have to purchase Nikon Control Pro. Nikon used to have them together, with Nikon Capture 4.4 you also got Control but now they are split. Bibble is supposed to support tethered shooting as well and it also does some other nice things. I think Control Pro runs for about $70 and Bibble is anywhere from $70 to $130 depending on all the features wanted.

Even if you are going to use Bibble you still need to get the Nikon drivers, just go and download Nikon Camera Control Pro 1.1.1 trial version (good for 30 days) it will install the drivers and you can use the tethered functions through Bibble (which are a bit basic).

If you own a Mac and have Aperture you can also use tethered shooting with the D80. Just install Camera Control Pro and create an action using to view your shots directly in Aperture.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back