Nikon D800 (Refurb) $1999.00

Majeed Badizadegan

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
1) That link is for an ebay auction for $2400 refurb cameras. Maybe they changed the price since you posted it, but not showing up as $1999 for me.

2) For people who care about money at all, the Canon 6D is the much more competitive alternative, not the 5D MkIII. The 6D is just as good as the 5D III, just different (it has slower FPS and fewer AF points, but compensates just fine with wifi, GPS, a better sensor for ISO noise and dynamic range), both are about equally competitive with the D800, and the 6D only costs $1700 new, not at all bloated in price like the 5D III definitely, as you say, is.

As is usually the case, the D800 and 6D are about dead level, after you take into consideration that they are both about the same in core sensor and major performance factors, that the Nikon is better in terms of most bells and whistles, but that the Nikon also costs several hundred dollars more to pay for those bells and whistles.

I rather have a 6D my self but not just from a price stand point but megapixels wise. I see $1999.00 buy it now limited quantity.

1) That link is for an ebay auction for $2400 refurb cameras. Maybe they changed the price since you posted it, but not showing up as $1999 for me.

2) For people who care about money at all, the Canon 6D is the much more competitive alternative, not the 5D MkIII. The 6D is just as good as the 5D III, just different (it has slower FPS and fewer AF points, but compensates just fine with wifi, GPS, a better sensor for ISO noise and dynamic range), both are about equally competitive with the D800, and the 6D only costs $1700 new, not at all bloated in price like the 5D III definitely, as you say, is.

As is usually the case, the D800 and 6D are about dead level, after you take into consideration that they are both about the same in core sensor and major performance factors, that the Nikon is better in terms of most bells and whistles, but that the Nikon also costs several hundred dollars more to pay for those bells and whistles.

Laughing my ass off at this statement "the D800 and 6D are about dead level".

Uh...I think you mean the D600 and the 6D...the two cheap FF cameras...

The D800's sensor performance is vastly superior to what the 6D can manage.

I want some of what you've been smoking these days.

I just clicked on the link... $D800 REFURB $1999.JPG says $1999

Good catch Derrel. Yes the 6D is on the level of the D600 not the D800.The D800 is in a totally different league.

1. D800 >= 5d mk III

2. D800 < 5d mk III by 1500 dollars with this deal

3. ?????

4. Profit!

IDK, Rotanimod, from the work you post on here it seems that your 60D is suiting you just fine...why look? :D

EDIT* Sorry, just to clarify that I meant as a tool not as your photographic ability.

1) 2) For people who care about money at all, the Canon 6D is the much more competitive alternative, not the 5D MkIII. The 6D is just as good as the 5D III, just different (it has slower FPS and fewer AF points, but compensates just fine with wifi, GPS, a better sensor for ISO noise and dynamic range), both are about equally competitive with the D800, and the 6D only costs $1700 new, not at all bloated in price like the 5D III definitely, as you say, is.

6d really is not better for dynaminc range.

I tested my 2 5d3 bodies and my 6d. They are equal with only one of my bodies loosing a 10th of a stop in one side and gaining it in the other.

Have a look:

http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/...ne-would-you-recommend-why-2.html#post3024281

Derrel, I'm not going to type it all out again, but I already addressed the 6D sensor versus the D800 sensor, not a typo, 800, in this post, which you conveniently never responded to:

http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/...es-between-canon-eos-30d-60d.html#post3030017

Instead of waltzing around writing down one-liners in various threads and then consistently running away when it comes to any actual evidence, perhaps actually address the real data from your own endorsed website? DxO Mark's data does NOT support your claims. It's not even like I'm bringing in numbers from some competitor. Their own actual data disagrees with their "overall scores" and thus your conclusions, which are obviously based exclusively on their overall scores, not on their actual data.

What the data actually shows is pretty much that D800 is better at low ISOs than the 6D, and equal or in some cases worse at higher ISOs in terms of sensor performance. In other words, about dead equal for practical purposes. Maybe 5% different on average here or there, which is meaningless in the logarithmic world of photography.

1) 2) For people who care about money at all, the Canon 6D is the much more competitive alternative, not the 5D MkIII. The 6D is just as good as the 5D III, just different (it has slower FPS and fewer AF points, but compensates just fine with wifi, GPS, a better sensor for ISO noise and dynamic range), both are about equally competitive with the D800, and the 6D only costs $1700 new, not at all bloated in price like the 5D III definitely, as you say, is.

6d really is not better for dynaminc range.

I tested my 2 5d3 bodies and my 6d. They are equal with only one of my bodies loosing a 10th of a stop in one side and gaining it in the other.

Have a look:

http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/...ne-would-you-recommend-why-2.html#post3024281

That link goes to a post with a bunch of completely unexplained graphs, no images, no methodology, no interpretation, discussion, anything.

Also, from what I can glean from the graphs, you seem to have only tested ISO 200, for some reason?

If you're gonna pixel peep, at least try to put some semblance of heart into it.

LOL, here we go again. :smileys:

Derrel and Gavjenks here is your theme song;

An' here I go again on my own
Goin' down the only road I've ever known,
Like a drifter I was born to walk alone
An' I've made up my mind
I ain't wasting no more time

You can thank whitesnake for that.

Yeah. That's an awesome price. Thought some of you might like to know. I know your wallet/wife/accountant may not like it.

Nikon D800 36 3MP Digital SLR Camera Body USA Warranty Free Shipping Roberts 018208254804 | eBay

I'll also take this time to point out the 5dMark III, although a great camera, is a heavily bloated price point and Canon sucks for pricing it so high. But shhh, don't tell Kathythorson, she gets defensive about it ! :lmao:
Ooooh R, I am just polishing up my little girl right now to take her out for a spin. Can you hear her? Oh wait, no you can't because of that buttery, dreamy silent shutter mode. Sometimes I just don't even know what to do with all of my focal points....I get so overwhelmed with focal points! That ISO, oh my, oh my.......how I love thee! Sometimes as she sits in my hands I think to myself, how did I get this lucky to end up with such a gem for ONLY $2999.99 including shipping and a 3 year Mack warranty? Someday R, someday.......

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Most reactions

Back