Nikon D810 Thermal Noise Issue is Confirmed

Womens-Long-Sleeve-T-Shirt-I-see-dead-pixels.jpg

Change of heart after talking to tech doing repair.
Nikon certainly aren't just doing a firmware update.
After contact with Nikon UK, they have one technician trained to go through the re calibration process (their words). Note the words 're calibration process'
After talking to said tech regarding being unable to replicate the error found by photography life, he stated that all cameras produce these hot pixels when pushed as stated, and sure enough, I can make my D4s produce similar results to my D810 when set to ISO 100, Lenr off, and an exposure of two minutes,
However, with Lenr on as he suggested, I have no problems with so called hot pixels in either camera.
So may I suggest, part of the process undertaken is an enhancement of Lenr along with sensor calibration?
I am going in to Nikon UK on Tuesday for mine to be 'fixed'. The tech reckons he can get it done within 25 minutes, but wouldn't elaborate on the fix any further.

If it only takes 25 minutes it's just software. ;) Like I said before, it's nothing out of the ordinary, and people who regularly shoot long exposures are already used to it. You should see what a 4 minute exposure from my camera looks like. :lol: Nikon's just covering their butts because they took such a serious PR beating over the D600.

Got my firmware updated. Also told them about the flimsy battery cover [emoji36]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Received my new D810 on Aug. 23 and serial number says no repair needed on Nikon site and the firmware is 1.01 so I guess the "fix" is now being done before shipment.

Most reactions

Back