Nikon D810....

Just got off the phone with Nikon. After an hour and a half, literally doing everything he told me to do, exact distance from the camera, shutter speed, lighting etc, all perfect, he responded, "Yes, I see a problem, these images should be MUCH sharper than they are" and then proceeded to tell me how to get my camera serviced.

Sigh.

It's a relief to know it's not just me being dumb but at the same time I'm going to have to deal without a camera for a week. At least I qualify for Nikon's professional services tier. Halves the time I'll be down but still.

Too bad to hear your unit has an issue, but it's good to know that you finally found out about the problem.
Good luck! Hope all goes well with the service. May it be quick.

I don't agree with IQ being similar. I've D5300, D610 & D810. IQ differs drastically under controlled conditions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Could you provide an example?
My test samples was trashed when my MacBook went trashed :-/. I'm too lazy to redo it tbh it takes hours. I'll post it here if I ever decide to do it again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I want to hear how this turns out. I am considering a D810 myself

Just got off the phone with Nikon. After an hour and a half, literally doing everything he told me to do, exact distance from the camera, shutter speed, lighting etc, all perfect, he responded, "Yes, I see a problem, these images should be MUCH sharper than they are" and then proceeded to tell me how to get my camera serviced.

Sigh.

It's a relief to know it's not just me being dumb but at the same time I'm going to have to deal without a camera for a week. At least I qualify for Nikon's professional services tier. Halves the time I'll be down but still.
frig that. didn't you just buy this?

I would either go get my money back or ask them for the insurance plan then run it over with my truck and send it to them.

Well at least you found the reason. Hopefully you they will fix it and you'll be problem free!

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Ya, I just bought this. They are saying it isn't a manufacturer's deficiency. I'm with you though, I'm thinking I need to toss this camera off a cliff.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back