Nikon d820 ...

Nice!! When the D800 first came out, everyone said it's a good studio camera. I use it for weddings and love it. My D800 is just fine for now but I wouldn't hesitate to upgrade to this if I need to. :D

I really wished Nikon would give us two slots of the same type instead of this weird mix ... I utterly fail to see the point of putting two types of card slots on a camera.

Sounds like a logical progression from the D810.
Actually more like a full frame D500 really.

[...] in the traditional way NIkon eventually puts the flagship features into other models after a generation or two of those systems being available only in the high-end model.
Err ... actually the D810 *IS* the flagship of Nikon - for image quality.

The D5 is the flagship of Nikon for sports, action, and journalism. As a general camera, its actually a gross underperformer, with less dynamic range at base ISO than an entry level body. But of course insane high ISO performance.

I'm curious, if they are going to use the d5/500 AF system then how many FPS is it going to do?
I fail to see your logic. The D800 and D810 also have the top AF Nikon had to offer at that time. The D820 obviously wont offer much more than 5fps either.

Nice!! When the D800 first came out, everyone said it's a good studio camera.
Actually both the D800 and D810 are good general purpose cameras, even if their focus was more towards resolution and ultimate image quality. Compared to a D750 that has better high ISO.

∆∆∆

You seem to want to disagree with everyone :)

Actually both the D800 and D810 are good general purpose cameras, even if their focus was more towards resolution and ultimate image quality. Compared to a D750 that has better high ISO.

I don't know but 36.3mp, $3k, and 40mg file size is hardly good for general purpose. I use my iPhone for pretty much everything. IMHO, that's a good general purpose camera! :D

Yeah...file sizes and MP counts...I prefer 24MP for "general purpose" uses,and even then, that is overkill for a lot of uses...I use my phonecam for happy snaps, at reduced size...5MP is enough for quick snaps...who needs 40-million pixels of a snap of a menu, or a reminder shot, or a selfie, or a whatever?

The only thing I really want more in my D810 are:
4k video
improved high ISO
the D5's AF system
EVEN MORE Dynamic Range
I can say goodbye to CF if they give me dual SDXC
Bluetooth/Wifi for tethering.

Would really love In Body Stabilization (I would sell off my stuff to get one if it had IBIS).
My main work lens has no VR

If I'm paid to shoot I use the big camera or whatever it takes. If I'm on vacation it's compact or micro 43

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Well I'm in the market for next body. Currently D800, D600, and a D3300 (for business travel). Seems like every time I get the itch to move to a new body. It's right in the middle of them discounting the current greatest (fx, dx). Which is a big clue with Nikon something new is coming. Then you have to wait. and it's agony. hahaha

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back