Nikon D90 Lense

xxjordanexx

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I just purchased a refurbished Nikon D90 body, and I would like some suggestions on my first lens for it. I mainly shoot landscapes and sunsets and I would like to keep it under $400. As far as brand goes I just want a good lens.

Thank you, I believe I will wait and save up and get these, they seem to have excellent reviews.

Go ultra wide..... Sigma 10-20.

p!nK

If you don't have any lens at all. Pick up the 18-55VR for about $125 refurbed. It's the normal Kit lenses for Nikon. Buying an ultrawide for you first and only lens is a bit extreme. Although I do have the Tokina 11-16. And it is worth every penny that I paid for it. With your $450 I would get both Nikon's kit lenses. 18-55VR and 55-200VR. They can be bought refurbished like you did the body. You will save about $100 if not little more. They performe just fine, until you get to know the camera, and can make a decision based on experience for what you want for your next lens. Don't over look them. They perform very well.

If you don't have any lens at all. Pick up the 18-55VR for about $125 refurbed. It's the normal Kit lenses for Nikon. Buying an ultrawide for you first and only lens is a bit extreme. Although I do have the Tokina 11-16. And it is worth every penny that I paid for it. With your $450 I would get both Nikon's kit lenses. 18-55VR and 55-200VR. They can be bought refurbished like you did the body. You will save about $100 if not little more. They performe just fine, until you get to know the camera, and can make a decision based on experience for what you want for your next lens. Don't over look them. They perform very well.

That is actually a great idea. I haven't thought about doing that but thanks for telling me so i can do it. Its greatly appreciated.

My first dSLR lens was a Nikon 28-105 f/3.5-4.5. I am still sorry I gave it away many years ago. If you find one around, it is an excellent all-rounder. Otherwise given your preference for landscapes I second the Tammy 17-50 II. I think it's just around your budget.

That is actually a great idea. I haven't thought about doing that but thanks for telling me so i can do it. Its greatly appreciated.

Your welcome.

And just a FYI. I have loads of equipment. And I do own and use the "kit" lenses, right along with my "good" glass. Anyone that has a huge bag (or 2 or 3) full of F/1.4's and F/2.8's, knows why I like to take the "lighter" stuff out every now and then. :lol: Even with the so called good glass. I still find use for the kit lenses. When I travel for work, that's what I take since they are smaller and lighter. Easier to handle when I have to tote around other work stuff as well.

I plan on keeping all the lenses I buy, that way I wont be regretting selling them.

I plan on keeping all the lenses I buy, that way I wont be regretting selling them.

Buyers remorse when you swipe that card or click that button. :confused:

Sellers remorse when you pack it in the box off to someone else. :(

:lmao::lmao:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back