Nikon D90 locking up?

Jmoore3274

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I'm having an issue with my D90. What I'm trying to do is use the Vivitar RC-200 wireless remote to keep the camera in continious shoot mode. The camera is set to 15 second exposures to capture a timelapse of the night sky. I have noticed that the camera stop responding at times. When I power off the remote the camera starts working again. Is this a known issue with the vivitar RC-200 wireless remote or do I have a setting wrong in my camera that might be causing this? I have ordered a invalometer to take controll of automated photpgrpahy but it is not in my possesion yet. Any advice?

Never Mind.. I figured it out. My auto focus was not set on AF-C so as the wind moved trees out of focus the camera wouldn't fire. Since the remote was sending a continuous signal similar to me standing there holding down the shutter release the camera waited till it was infocus. That caused the false "Freeze up" symptom. I'm glad that was the only issue and not the camera its self.

Please delete this thread.

Last edited:
Thanks for the fast reply. I figured out the issue. My autofocus was set on AF-S and it needed to be on AF-C. Everything is sorted out now and I'm no longer having the issue.

Most reactions

Back