Nikon d90

Thats a very broad question. Im assuming you are referring to capacity size...

There are many people who maintain that 8gb is a safe number that reduces risks of corrupted files. However I use 32gb cards and have never had a problem. It also depends on what you are planning to do with the cards. Ie: Shoot video, or take stills. Each has its own requirements. Trying to give an answer to this question in like telling you what clothes to wear; meaning that only you know what your personal preference is and what you will use them for.

No video shooting. going to ny in dec just want to make sure i got one that would hold alot of pics

A 32gb card in a D90 will hold about 1,000 RAW files as I recall. In JPG probably a bit more.

I use a 16gb card and have yet to run out of room! It's done everything from shoots to weddings and other large events. Of course, I shoot more for quality then quantity so I don't go picture crazy either!

Spare cards are pretty cheap. I have a card holder that fits on my strap so I always have a couple of them.

Yep (2) 4gb and one 8gb covers my daily shooting needs. And like others I wouldn't want to trust once in a lifetime trip to just one giant card. Malfunctions or lost is a bummer and Murphy's Law is an Actual Law in the universe. Vacation trip probably (2) 8gb and one or two 16gb would be great.

But NOT just one battery and one SD card EVER!

I have an 8 GB class 10 for my D90 and I shoot exclusively in RAW mode. I get around 550 shots on that 8GB. If shooting JPEG you will get around 2000 shots. I do carry backup cards as well but I have never filled an 8GB card yet. Quality over quantity wins the photo challenge.

Yep (2) 4gb and one 8gb covers my daily shooting needs. And like others I wouldn't want to trust once in a lifetime trip to just one giant card. Malfunctions or lost is a bummer and Murphy's Law is an Actual Law in the universe. Vacation trip probably (2) 8gb and one or two 16gb would be great.

But NOT just one battery and one SD card EVER!
Who says that you have to fill them up? Putting 16gb of data on a 32gb card is no different than putting 16gb of data on a 16gb card. Plus you have the additional space if you happen to need it. I filled up TWO 32gb cards in one afternoon once, one card in each of two cameras.

Most don't fill their cards to capacity. And for me not about the capacity so much as "Putting All your Eggs in one Basket" philosophy.

I choose not to go that route. For me it's easier to lose one card than many in pocket,bag,etc... And if one card dies then still have images on others.

Not about one way the only way so much as personal preference and what works for you.

Most reactions

Back