Nikon Entry Level DSLR

As a matter of interest it would be good to hear why people outgrew their cameras? What did you need it to do that it didn't?

Better low light performance, built in af motor, better autofocus system, built in bracketing, more mp & magnesium alloy body.

These were some of the reasons I upgraded.

Thanks for clarifying the term "outgrow", I always thought it was something else.

Yes, agree, it is great to know. I thought that people outgrow their cameras because their hands grew way too big.

Yep outgrow means lack of features and/or controls for me.
For me was about 9 months and needed a more capable camera gave me controls I needed.
To be able to change settings without my eye leaving the viewfinder to go menu digging and miss the shot.

Built-in motor and flash commander mode. Faster or more AF points.
Sometimes it isn't about sensor performance.
But more features and controls I use every time I click the shutter.

Thanks for the input guys! I had an unforeseen expense that cut my camera budget by a LOT, so I went ahead and purchased the D3100 and a lense I really like. Adorama seems to have a really good trade-in system though. I'm hoping that by the time I've outgrown the D3100 I'll be able to trade it in for credit towards the D7000. I would wait until I have the money again, but I'm a poor farm worker, so could take a while.

Well, the great thing is you bought a light, small, modern d-slr that can make great pictures. THe sheer SMALL size of the D3000-series bodies makes them more easily carried, lighter, and I think, less-threatening when you take pictures of people. Smaller cameras juist look less "Hoe Photog", if you know what I mean....people are often suspicious about a "big, black camera".

Another plus? The D3100 can mount and shoot photos with basically any F-mount lens, pre-Ai,Ai,Ai-S,Af,AF-D,AF-i, or AF-s....it will only autofocus with AF-S lenses, but there are over 45 million other Nikkor lenses that will fit on, and can be focused manually, and which will SHOOT photos.

1970s 70-210 f/3.8~4.5 Sears oir Asanuma or Quantaray zoom lens??? $17, pawn shop.ANd so on. 135mm f/2.8 QUantaray or Asanuma or whatever telephoto? $13.95.

zOMG--I wrote "Hoe Photog" above...I MEANT to write "Joe Photog". LMAO!!!!

Most reactions

Back