Nikon f/1.8 Lens help

I also suggest the 50mm 1.8G. I like it much more than my old 1.8D lens.

Jake

I really like the aesthetics of the D lenses. Perhaps i'll purchase one just for display purposes.

You can't generalize. I have the 85 mm f/1.4 D which is stunning - particularly with portraits. The original cream machine.
I also have the 24 mm f/2.8 D which I happen to love.

The 50 mm f/1.8 D is a cheap, crappy, sharp, unspectacular lens with horrific rendering of out of focus areas.
The 50 mm f/1.8 G is so much better that I am surprised anyone would buy the D version.

I gave mine away - to my ex-girlfriend.

I also suggest the 50mm 1.8G. I like it much more than my old 1.8D lens.

Jake

I really like the aesthetics of the D lenses. Perhaps i'll purchase one just for display purposes.

You can't generalize. I have the 85 mm f/1.4 D which is stunning - particularly with portraits. The original cream machine.
I also have the 24 mm f/2.8 D which I happen to love.

The 50 mm f/1.8 D is a cheap, crappy, sharp, unspectacular lens with horrific rendering of out of focus areas.
The 50 mm f/1.8 G is so much better that I am surprised anyone would buy the D version.

I gave mine away - to my ex-girlfriend.

Yes. The 50mil 1.8D is a plasticky cheap lens. Not like nikons other D lenses.

The OP states he wants as much focal length as possible, no need to suggest 35mm and other wide angles.

There is indeed very good reason. In fact, the only two useless posts are yours, and mine responding to you.

Most reactions

Back