Nikon F5 vs ...?

So my package from KEH came today and I was very impressed with what I got. The packaging itself was nice and protective. I was a little worried about the condition of the BGN (Bargain- 70%-79%) but all I could notice was some minor wear around the body and some loss of the white symbols and words around the body. Everything is in great condition and I can't wait to get some rolls through the camera. Now here are some pictures of the equipment I will be using with the F5 Body.

Beware Lots Of Images

DSC_0042.jpg

DSC_0044.jpg

DSC_0045.jpg

Nikkor 28-80mm f./3.5
DSC_0051-1.jpg

Nikkor 50mm f./1.8

DSC_0052-1.jpg

Nikkor 70-300mm f./4.5 (This combination has some weight to it :mrgreen:)

DSC_0054-1.jpg

DSC_0055.jpg

Vivitar 70-150mm f./3.8

DSC_0053-1.jpg

Nikon F5 with Nikon D90 (WOW)

IMG_4891.jpg

Everything

IMG_4894.jpg

Loaded for bear. Nice camera!

Hi,

I have a Nikon F401, with lenses NIKKOR 25mm-50mm and 35-105mm. I am thinking of selling it. ATMOSPHERE would you be interested?

Hi I have a Nikon F401, witk 24mm-50mm and 35mm-105mm lenses. Would anyone be interested, I am thinking of selling it.

Told you that KEh was very good when it came to rating there gear. Glad they took care of you.

Congrats on what looks like a great score! That thing's a behemoth! I got a Nikon FE recently with a pile of lenses and although I thought it was a heavy camera, I can't imagine how light and small it would be compared to the F5!

Can't wait to hear how the pictures come out!

Nice choice. I have an F4s and an F100. I like the F4, but the F100 has faster autofocus and is overall easier to use, but that might be because i'm used to using my D Nikons, and the controls are the same. I haven't used an F5, but i've heard that autofocus system is pretty much only bested by the F6 as far as film cameras go.

i recently got a great F4 on ebay for $191 del'd. Then went to Ken Rockwelss's site and bought his "Cheapskate Lenses." I have less than $500 invested in the body and lenses(including an SB-25 flash.) And am as happy as a clam! I do admire the F5, but really love being able to do all the settings with knobs and buttons rather than "menus."
The great thing about film bodies today is that they're so inexpensive. get the one you want. And down the road you can pick up another one - or 2 - or 3. And still use all your lenses.

i recently got a great F4 on ebay for $191 del'd. Then went to Ken Rockwelss's site and bought his "Cheapskate Lenses." I have less than $500 invested in the body and lenses(including an SB-25 flash.) And am as happy as a clam! I do admire the F5, but really love being able to do all the settings with knobs and buttons rather than "menus."
The great thing about film bodies today is that they're so inexpensive. get the one you want. And down the road you can pick up another one - or 2 - or 3. And still use all your lenses.

Thats awesome. I put the first couple of rolls through the camera last week and I developed them at school on tuesday and everything is great, no light leaks or other shenanigans.

I totally agree with you on the prices of film cameras. Its awesome to be so young yet still be able to afford a professional Film SLR relatively easily. This is the D3 of the film era and I'm so psyched to be able to use it. I learned on cameras like this in photo class last year so I am pretty well aquatinted with everything. I will most likely be picking up another film camera soon enough.

Thanks for everything guys, I am really pleased with everything.

Told you that KEh was very good when it came to rating there gear. Glad they took care of you.

Thanks so much for the reassurance. I'm not gonna lie I was skeptical of the "BGN" rating but everything is great. I will most definitely be ordering from KEH again.

Most reactions

Back