Nikon Gear

I was actually talking about google voice with another forum member today. It would be quite the vehicle for a con artist to obtain information while hiding behind a veil of privacy. You can respond to texts and all that jazz straight from an email account.

how do you know if a confirmation is real and not a "mask"? (my apologies for a thread hijack)

the name will appear to be legitimate but the actual email address will be very different. again i am very impressed with the phony text using google voice and i hope i have brought awareness to other forum members.

Well I bought the Cannondale today( for those of you following). It's not carbon fiber but alloy, let's see what happens. D3 is still available.

Google voice itself has no problem. I had a lot of friends who were real estate agent, they using google voice a lot. The reason is when your phone is out of network coverage, and people call you, google voice will send you an email about the miss call which your cellphone company (AT&T, Verizon, etc) will not have that service. By google voice, you can track who failed to call you (which when your phone is out of coverage, and not ringing), and you can call back for the business.
But also true that scammer will used google voice because it doesn't required contract and easy to register a brand new number;)
Good luck on the sale;)

Most reactions

Back