Nikon go mirrorless (for realz now)

Solarflare

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Nikon: we plan to concentrate on mid-to-high-end DSLR and mirrorless cameras and lenses | Nikon Rumors
  • The Nikon camera business is undergoing a major restructuring.
  • This is a quote: "bringing in multiple mirrorless cameras at an early stage" - to me this means announcing multiple mirrorless cameras soon.
  • [...]
  • In the future Nikon will concentrate their resources on medium to high-end DSLR cameras and lenses as well as mirrorless cameras.
This definitely doesnt sound like more Nikon One crap.

More like something actually to be taken serious.

I hope they prefer the Fuji X road (traditional ergonomics, high quality optics, many primes, much bright glas, mostly lenses with metal bodies, quickly filling the sortiment with what lenses one would need, etc) over the Canon way (poor compact camera style ergonomics, takes ages to publish new glas, almost exclusively plastic zooms, one darker than the other, the only primes are a pancake and an the shortest macro lens ever).

If its full frame and offers an adapter, I'd be definitely very interested, to better focus my manual glas.

I would really like to have a high quality EVF that allowed me to view and compose WYSIWYG. I would really open up my creativity to, for example, see b/w as I am shooting b/w.

Most reactions

Back