Nikon L120 -- what do you guys think?

Discussion in 'Photography Beginners' Forum' started by uduxdigi, Feb 8, 2012.

1. uduxdigi

uduxdigi TPF Noob!

Hello everyone,

I dont know If this was posted already here but I'll give it a shot. I have a nikon L120 with me and its a great camera. But I want your output about this camera. Is it good for beginners like me whos kind of tight on budget?

2. MLeeK

MLeeK TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    It's a great point and shoot camera. I see a lot of people who get it thinking it is a bridge camera and that they will be able to learn photography with it get disappointed. It's not a bridge camera and has no manual or assisted abilities.
    You can get some great shots from it and learn about composing an image and a few other things. Blackrose89 has done a great job with the very basics using it, but she's had it since Christmas and is now going on to a full blown DSLR because of it's limits.

3. enzodm

enzodm No longer a newbie, moving up!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit

Maybe at the same price you may find something more appropriate (i.e., with manual controls). This if for beginner you mean one that wants to learn: for taking snapshots it's ok.
    If you want some more room to grow, look for example at some Fuji. I still have (in my wife's hands) a Canon SX110is, now evolved multiple times up to SX150is, which is manual too and with good image quality and equally cheap. Unfortunately it lacks viewfinder - another thing I would consider if meant at learning.