Nikon lens availability

Ronaldo

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So I was just about to buy some big-time (for me) Nikon lenses (e.g., I was looking at one or two of the following: 35mm, 50mm, 85mm,105mm Micro, 20-70mm AF-S lenses). And none of them are available - - at least on B&H and Adorama they all showed as backordered. Am I missing something here? Is this the reslut of the quake/tsunami/floods? Any idea when these lenses will become available.

What's a Nikon shooter to do??

It's all due to the Tsunami and flooding in Thailand. Nikon was hit HORRIBLY hard and don't expect to be up to full production until the end of March. Even once they are up to full production the supply will be short for a while as they get stock levels back up to standards.
Try B&H, KEH and Adorama. You may get lucky! They ARE producing and shipping, but it's limited. You'll have to be one of the lucky ones to catch one when it comes in stock or place a back order waiting for it to come in stock.

IMO I would be kind of hesitant buying a lens unless they are already in stock. I'm not saying that maybe the case, but they may be rushing to meet back orders may increase the amount of lemons being produced. My next lens is 70 - 300 millimeter

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
You might have more luck finding what you are looking for with the smaller shops. Pick a city and look through the yellow pages for camera dealers with a web site or e-mail address. This has worked for me on a few occasions. I found my d700 in a city a couple thousand kms away, well below B&H prices at the time, free shipping and they absorbed the tax. Same scenario for a couple of hard to find lenses.

35mm available at best buy. That's where I got mine.

I also shoot with non Nikon lenses with Nikon mounts.

This is for the previous poster. I know you can mount a Canon lense to a Nikon body, but how much light do you loose and does all the auto functions still work?

Most reactions

Back