Nikon lens broken on inside, glass is fine.

diam0nds

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
So i have a Nikon d7000 and i went to grab my 18-105mm lens and noticed the filter was cracked. I didnt care that much cause its only 20 bucks and can easily be replaced. I tried to remove it but it wouldnt budge ( I personally never screw it too tight). As i was checking it out, i noticed that there was some clicking noise going on inside. It appears as if the black ring that controls the aperture has broken.

This is really odd because that lens is VERY durable. My sibling once tripped and smashed (literally) it onto the ground. The concrete was dented but the camera was working perfectly fine. So for even for my 20 dollar filter to crack, my camera must have been totally screwed up by someone. Please note it was in a padded bag with my camera and 50mm inside.

Do you think Nikon will repair it? Or if it is even repair-able?

The best, maybe only, way to really know, would be to contact Nikon, and probably send it into a service centre.
Nikon Australia

The best, maybe only, way to really know, would be to contact Nikon, and probably send it into a service centre.
Nikon Australia
Agreed. They will notify you and give you a repair estimate before they fix it. You can then decide whether it's worth the expense to repair it.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back