Nikon lens question

pvclobster

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I've been researching lenses and haven't found anything equivalent to what I'm looking for, but I figured I'd ask all of you before I assume it doesn't exist.

I have a D3000 and I'd love a 50mm prime because I've found I'd really like a faster lens for low light. But I'm on a very small budget and know I can't afford the AF-S f/1.4. I know that there's a non-Af-S f/1.8. Does an f/1.8 or something similar exist for a camera without an in-body motor?

Thanks for your help!

Well it is a crop sensor camera.

I would go with the nikon 35mm 1.8 af-s, which on a crop sensor will be equal to a 50mm lens do to the 1.5x crop factor. It costs around $200 and has great reviews.

Yup, I've been looking at that one too. I just know that I often shoot around 50mm on my kit lens, so I thought I'd look in that range first. But the 35mm is definitely my choice if what I'm looking for doesn't exist (which I'm pretty sure it doesn't)

When I had a D60, I used the AF 50 mm f/1.8D on it a lot. I just manually focused the lens.

Plus, since the D in the lens name means the lens sends distance info to the camera's CPU, the camera will light up the in-focus indicator in the viewfinder when you have achieved manual focus. So the lens is really sort of a semi-auto focus. It just needs you to turn the focus ring.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back