Nikon Lens ?'s

One thing that hardly gets mentioned in comparing d5100 and d7000 is the weight. One reason I opted for the d5100 is the lighter weight, which makes a day of photography much more pleasant - and keeps me out shooting for longer times. I love the nikon 18-200mm VRII, and it is usually on my camera, but it weighs about as much as the camera sans lens. I also love my Carry Speed strap, which takes the weight off my neck, and makes the camera seem so much lighter.
I consider myself serious about photography, but do want the experience to be pleasant (and the results to be good).

i should say that i would like to get a telephoto or zoom lens so i can take pics of my 9 year old boys playing sports (hockey, football, basketball and baseball) and i would like to get a decent low light lens for taking pictures around the house.
i am willing to learn the camera (which ever one i get) and this will most likely be my only DSLR for a long, long time. if it were up to me, i would get the D7000, i just have to justify the extra cost.

Get a D7k. You almost save the total price of the camera with your telephoto purchase (80-200 AF-D ~ $700-800 vs 70-200 AF-S VR ~ $1200-1500) That coupled with a 50mm 1.8 AF would get the job done nicely.

You might want to also look for a gently used D300 or D300S... the prices for them are dropping as we speak.

p!nK

i should say that i would like to get a telephoto or zoom lens so i can take pics of my 9 year old boys playing sports (hockey, football, basketball and baseball) and i would like to get a decent low light lens for taking pictures around the house.
i am willing to learn the camera (which ever one i get) and this will most likely be my only DSLR for a long, long time. if it were up to me, i would get the D7000, i just have to justify the extra cost.

Get a D7k. You almost save the total price of the camera with your telephoto purchase (80-200 AF-D ~ $700-800 vs 70-200 AF-S VR ~ $1200-1500) That coupled with a 50mm 1.8 AF would get the job done nicely.

You might want to also look for a gently used D300 or D300S... the prices for them are dropping as we speak.

p!nK

I like this advice... Ok it's old technology now! But the D300S is dropping in price and wow that camera is built like a brick ****house. A beautiful piece of engineering to hold with amazing functionality. I am tempted to trade my D90 for a D300S purely for the build quality factor.

Most reactions

Back